So, I came across this post by Shoni (entered in OhAmanda’s Top10Tuesday linky party), which was inspired by this post by Stephanie….and I decided to tell you what is lurking in the darkest recesses of my mind! My dreams, desires that I will never quite be able to carry out… Top 10 Things that I so want to do, but somehow never did…sigh! This is maudlin…*sniff*
1. Cut my hair short – I’ve seen many people take the plunge and be happy about the results! Whenever I look at my straggly, split-ended hair that is so neanderthal, I just want to lop it all off. When summer comes, I just want to go bald, and sport a jug of ice cold water as a hat!! Don’t laugh! You would too, if you have really experienced south Indian summers! So, I dream about the day I cut my hair, style it, and look uber cool…so not happening right now. 😦
2. Write a Book – Am I totally out of my mind???!!! Who in the world has the time?? I have ideas, but no time. My sorry tale of entering the NANAWRIMO is testimony to this…
3. Traveling the World – Or at least, The Americas and Europe…Or France and USA? No? Okay, how about just USA? … Okay, just India…you know? All India Tour! No? Okay, what about if we just visited Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata? They’re interesting! No? Okay, can I just visit my friends in Chennai, please? No? Okay. Sorry, I forgot…I’m married to a very grounded and level-headed man with his “feet firmly planted on the ground”. Had no idea that he meant he hated traveling!! And, anyway, who in the world’s got the time?!?!?
4. Make Chocolate Ganache – It looks yummy, it looks easy, but I’m not getting it done in this century, because 1. I will never find the ingredients. 2. I don’t think I will ever buy any more cooking equipment. Not after what happened yesterday (What? Oh, you didn’t know? Yeah, I almost blew up the microwave, when I reheated bread pudding on a plate that had a little gold design on the sides!! Sparks flew…and I blew a fuse… Also, the electricity bill is the highest we have ever had. My baking is taking a year-long hiatus!!)
5. Make a Living as a Real Writer – you know, the sort that writes a best seller, and then makes book tours all year long, but somehow finds the time to write the next best seller, so that he or she can fill the next year with book tours! And autographed copies of the book sell for thousands of dollars…or rupees! Yeah, that dream…meh!
6. Live in France – WhyFrance? I don’t know…maybe because I can eat macaroons and croissants all day long? Could it be that? Or is it because I just want to look at the Eiffel Tower at night, whenever I feel like it…I’m sure it’s one of those reasons…Also, let’s face it…We ALL, at some point, envy the French for their ‘laid-back-ness’!
7. Sip a Cool Glass of Clear Water! – not happening. Bad teeth, one of them missing a nerve because…well… it just right out decayed! (Sorry, TMI, I know), and the others are all wailing at me every night to go make that damn dentist’s appointment… So, No. No sipping ice cold water, ice tea, or iced anything for me…
8. Take Debbie to DisneyLand – She loves Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, and is currraaaaizzzy about Donald Duck! Taking her to DisneyLand, and watching her squeal in delight is what my best dreams are made of…Anyone has extra tickets, you know where to send them…Plane tickets, I mean…
9. Master Indian Cooking – Sometime around last week I realized, to the chagrin and dismay and ____ (fill the most disappointing/negative words here!) of my husband, that I cannot CANNOT really cook Indian cuisine well. Nope. Sambar, rasam, and fish curry that is digestible is the best I can do… 😦 Whereas, give me a microwave and the right ingredients, and I can make a good plate of mac&cheese, or really delicious pasta, make a whopper hamburger with the yummiest ingredients, some good dessert etc. I wish I could cook good Indian food, I really do… My husband looked crestfallen when I announced my discovery…Yes, ‘Crestfallen’ is the word to describe the cheese-hater…Ho Hum…
10. Meet The Pioneer Woman – You know, I have never wanted to meet anyone as badly as I want to meet Ree Drummond!! No really, it’s like an obsession!! I remember, when I was in 9th grade, I wanted to meet Tom Cruise this bad!! And then, well, he went whacko, and I kinda lost interest. Now I am a bit repulsed by him!! But, Ree? Well, I want, WANT, to meet her. I want to see her in person, and I want to shake her hand, and be at the receiving end of that smile, I want to take a tour of her kitchen where all the magic happens, and I want to take one bite of her famous Cinnamon rolls, and I want to die in peace….SIGH!!! Sorry, did not mean to sound like a psycho fan, but really, I adore her that much…If you, by some sad twist of fate, do not know who Ree Drummond is, go and visit The Pioneer Woman! Your life will never be the same again!
Tell me, who wouldn't want to be friends with her?! She is so sweet!
I know it’s Thursday, but I am entering this post in OhAmanda’s Top10Tuesday posts anyway!